|Dirk Property, BC
The Dirk property is located in northwestern British Columbia, 160 km northwest of Steward. The property consists of 13,094 hectares positioned adjacent to the western boundary of Romios' Newmont Lake property. The previous owner, Newmont Mining Company of Canada had, in 1973, identified numerous mineral showings and conducted airborne and ground geophysics, geologic mapping, and limited sampling. In 2009 and 2010, Romios conducted follow-up mapping and sampling of the existing and new mineral showings.
Based on the positive initial results, the company completed detailed geologic and alteration mapping, airborne geophysics and drilling in 2011. Four holes drilled in totaling 743 metres (2,437 feet) encountered 12 separate copper-gold horizons ranging from 1.0 to 4.0 metres in length, containing from 0.25-2.5% copper, 0.25-1.5 g/t gold, and from 1.0 to 18.0 g/t silver, resulting in a new discovery and considerable potential for expansion at both the Dirk and Telena Zones
Mineralization at the Dirk zone contains concentrated copper and gold in a porphyry, breccia, and porphyry-related skarn. The Telena zone comprises a disseminated and vein chalcopyrite with intermittent bornite-bearing breccias within a syenite porphyry. The Dirk and Telena zones, lying 1.2 kilometers apart, align together with the Ridge, Birthday Jim, and Icefield mineral showings along a 4.0 km-long trend anomaly identified by the recently-flown airborne magnetics.
Romios plans to produce a NI 430-101 compliant resource on the Dirk Property's '72 Zone within the upcoming exploration season, to be included with a Preliminary Economic Feasibility study for the combined Newmont Lake-Dirk area.
Some of the drill assay highlights from the Dirk property are listed below. *
All of the following intersections as separate and occur within 0 - 75 metres below surface:
- 4.94 metres assaying 1.09% Cu, 0.34 g/t Au, and 6.31 g/t Ag
- 4.13 metres assaying 1.01% Cu, 0.48 g/t Au, and 9.65 g/t Ag
- 2.05 metres assaying 1.19% Cu, 1.59 g/t Au, and 18.84 g/t Ag
- 4.62 metres assaying 0.91% Cu, 1.66 g/t Au, and 6.2 g/t Ag
- 4.90 metres assaying 0.21% Cu, 0.26 g/t Au, and 1.16 g/t Ag
- 1.80 metres assaying 0.34% Cu, 0.16 g/t Au, and 9.70 g/t Ag
- 1.00 metres assaying 0.71% Cu, 0.23 g/t Au, and 11.0 g/t Ag
- 4.97 metres assaying 0.23% Cu, 0.21 g/t Au, and 1.92 g/t Ag
- 4.46 metres assaying 0.25% Cu, 0.35 g/t Au, and 1.35 g/t Ag
- 4.35 metres assaying 0.23% Cu, 0.33 g/t Au, and 1.61 g/t Ag
- 3.02 metres assaying 0.235 g/t Pd+Pt
- 1.05 metres assaying 0.13% Cu, 0.07 g/t Au, 3.90 g/t Ag, and 0.198 g/t Pd+Pt
*See Press Releases Dated: October 19, 2011, and November 17, 2011.
- 1.34 metres assaying 0.92% Cu, 0.30 g/t Au, and 4.60 g/t Ag
- 5.33 metres assaying 0.53% Cu, 0.25 g/t Au, and 3.72 g/t Ag
- 1.14 metres assaying 1.09% Cu, 0.17 g/t Au, and 11.0 g/t Ag
- 0.25 metres assaying 2.14% Cu, 0.66 g/t Au, and 5.20 g/t Ag
Some of the surface assay highlights from the Dirk property are listed below:
- Eight, one metre chip samples were taken from the main Dirk showing where mineralization consists of bornite, covellite and chalcopyrite averaged 2.9% copper and 0.64 g/t gold over the full eight metres (26.24 feet)
- One 3.0 meter chip sample from a second mineralized section of the Dirk Zone assayed 6.21% copper and 0.57 g/t gold
- Two of the representative grab samples from the Dirk Zone assayed 3.08% copper and 1.39 g/t gold and 2.38% copper and 2.06 g/t gold, respectively
- A representative grab sample from the Telena Zone assayed 2.07% copper and 0.97 g/t gold
- Contiguous chip samples collected along a 24 metre (78.74 feet) length of the Telena Zone (16 samples-each sample, one to two metres in length) averaged 0.74% copper and 0.33 g/t gold. Within this zone, a 7.0 metre (22.96 feet) section averaged 2.0% copper and 0.71 g/t gold which in turn, contained two sections, each one metre in length, that assayed 3.55% copper, 1.38 g/t gold, 16.2 g/t silver and 5.69% copper, 2.2 g/t gold, 20.7 g/t silver respectively