| ||November 01, 2017|
Romios Announces Ni 43-101 Technical Report For Its Lundmark-Akow Lake Property
| ||TORONTO, ONTARIO, November 1, 2017, Romios Gold Resources Inc. ("Romios" or the "Company") (TSX.V-RG) (OTC-PK: RMIOF) (Frankfurt: D4R; WKN: A0JDZF) is pleased to announce the completion of a National Instrument 43-101 -- Standards of Disclosure for Mineral Projects ("NI 43-101") technical report (the "Technical Report") on its Lundmark-Akow Lake Property. The Technical Report has been filed on SEDAR.|
The Technical Report, titled "Report on the 2016 -- 17 Diamond Drilling Program at the Lundmark-Akow Lake Property of Romios Gold Resources Inc., Patricia Mining Division, Northwestern Ontario" was authored by John L. Biczok, P.Geo., a qualified person as defined by NI 43-101.
2017 Discovery Hole Details:
- The single drill hole completed in 2017 (RGR-17-1) discovered a massive sulphide horizon at Atim Lake North at a depth of ~200 m below surface. Assay results from this horizon are tabulated below (see News Release dated September 19, 2017). The mineralized horizon is open along strike and both up and down dip.
- The massive sulphide horizon is reflected by a >200m long VTEM conductor and at least one additional conductor 6-700m long occurs along strike from the discovery hole.
- Results of the 2016 drill program which targeted the >1.5 km long "Romios Copper-(Gold) Zone" led to a revised model for this zone which is now interpreted to be a "lower semi-conformable alteration zone" such as those found beneath many Volcanogenic Massive Sulphide (VMS) deposits. Such alteration zones served as the pathway for mineralizing hydrothermal fluids which may have vented massive sulphides nearby. The geological evidence in one hole suggests that there may be another vent site nearby, in addition to the discovery zone at Atim Lake North.
- A $982,700 follow-up program of ground geophysical surveys and diamond drilling of the Atim Lake North massive sulphide zone and a number of nearby EM conductors is recommended.
- Romios' Lundmark-Akow Lake property also covers ~8 km of the same banded iron formation (BIF) that hosts Goldcorp's Musselwhite gold mine ~18km to the south. A 4 km long interval of this BIF remains unexplored. A $448,140 program of geological mapping, prospecting, humus sampling, ground geophysics and diamond drilling is proposed to test this BIF for Musselwhite type gold mineralization.
(NAD 83, Zone 15)
Quality Control and Quality Assurance
The technical information presented in this news release and the corresponding NI-43101 report including that pertaining to the drill core sampling, assaying procedures, and the inclusion of standards and blanks, was collected and interpreted in accordance with the requirements set out in National Instrument NI-43101.
The technical information in this news release has been reviewed and approved by John Biczok, P. Geo., Consulting Geologist for Romios and a Qualified Person as defined by NI 43-101.
About Romios Gold Resources Inc.
Romios Gold Resources Inc., a progressive Canadian mineral exploration company established in 1995, is engaged in precious and base metal exploration primarily focused on gold, silver and copper in its properties in British Columbia centrally located between Galore Creek Mining Corporation's large copper-gold-silver deposit and Barrick's high grade gold mine at Eskay Creek. In addition to the Lundmark-Akow Lake and Hislop properties in Ontario, Romios has other property interests in Quebec and Nevada.
This News Release contains forward-looking statements which are typically preceded by, followed by or including the words "believes", "expects", "anticipates", "estimates", "intends", "plans" or similar expressions. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance as they involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. We do not intend and do not assume any obligation to update these forward- looking statements and shareholders are cautioned not to put undue reliance on such statements.
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
For further information, please contact:
Tom Drivas, President and Director, (tel) 416-221-4124, (fax) 416-218-9772 or (email) email@example.com.
John Biczok, P. Geo, Consulting Geologist, (tel) 613-410-7877 or (email) firstname.lastname@example.org
Frank van de Water, Chief Financial Officer and Director, (tel) 416-221-4124 or (email) email@example.com.
You can view the Next Press Release item: Mon Nov 27, 2017, Romios Closes $420,850 in Non-Brokered Offering
You can view the Previous Press Release item: Thu Oct 19, 2017, Romios Announces Non-Brokered Offering And Existing Shareholder Offering
You can return to the main Press Release page, or press the Back button on your browser.